Laurier's Fitness Centre recently underwent an extensive $5.3-million expansion in 2013, with the addition of 11,000 square feet to the existing floor plan and $800,000 worth of new equipment. Our new multi-leveled facility provides students and members with a safe, clean, and positive space to workout. Our facility provides a wide array of equipment, open space, and knowledgeable staff who are available to assist you while you are in the Fitness Centre.
- Over 100 pieces of cardio training equipment, including treadmills, elliptical and lateral machines, stair climbers, upright and recumbent bikes, an upper-body ergometer, a rope trainer and rowing machines.
- 4 complete cable machine circuits which have been professionally designed to provide a full body workout regardless of your level of experience or fitness.
- Extensive free weight section complete with 6 Hammer Strength Power Racks, rubberized dumbbells and plates, as well as over 15 free weight benches.
- Full TRX Suspension is available for individual use or group classes.
Women-Only Program Hours
The 2013 Fitness Centre Expansion saw some great new additions, including a new unique space on the second floor that is closed off at times to become a Women-Only Program Area. The new space includes everything required for a full-encompassing workout such as cardio equipment, circuit machines, incline and decline benches, free-weights, accessories and floor space for stretching and training.
This area is open to all patrons throughout the day, excluding the set times for Women-Only Hours. During these hours, only women are allowed to utilize this space. The Women-Only hours are as follows:
Fitness Centre Staff
Highly trained and knowledgeable staff are available to assist you with any questions or concerns within the Fitness Centre.
Fitness Centre Policies
- Proper athletic attire (running shoes, athletic shorts/pants and shirt) is to be worn at all times while in the Fitness Centre. No open-toed shoes, dress shoes, or outdoor footwear are permitted. Athletics & Recreation reserves the right to deny access to anyone who is not wearing appropriate and respectful athletic clothing.
- We prohibit dangerous activities that could lead to injuries of self and others. These include but are not limited to Gymnastic movements and improper use of equipment.
- No bags, accessories or jackets are permitted in the Fitness Centre. Rental locks and lockers are available from the Hawk Desk.
- All equipment must be sanitized and wiped clean after use. Weights and equipment are to be returned to proper location after each use.
- If there is an emergency please contact/locate facility staff (in Fitness Centre or at Hawk Desk). Picture taking is not permitted at any time unless written permission is granted by the Department of Athletics & Recreation.
- Individuals under the age of 17 are considered minors and require supervison by an adult to be in our Fitness Centre. Anyone under the age of 12 is not permitted in the Fitness Centre.
- Please respect the Fitness Centre staff and their instructions.
- Please use appropriate, inclusive and respectful language while in the Fitness Centre.
- The Department of Athletics & Recreation reserves the right to deny access or remove a patron from our facility at any time.