Brantford Summer Camps
ATTENTION ALL PARENTS!
We have received numerous inquiries about Summer Fun 101 this summer so we figured it was time to post a program update. Last summer was the last season of Summer Fun 101.
Now that we have moved into our new facility and have solidified our partnership with YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford, we will no longer be offering competing summer camp programs.
We encourage you all to seek the Laurier Brantford YMCA summary camp program! They have been working hard to put together a fantastic summer program for you guys and are excited to get you all into our new facility! Once they release their program information and registration dates, we will be sure to share it here for you.
We truly do appreciate all the love and support over the years and wish your children all the best! It has been a pleasure working with them and we hope to see some of their faces around our new home at the Laurier Brantford YMCA!
Below is a welcome letter from Nick McCready, Coordinator of Recreation & Sport Camps here at the Laurier Brantford YMCA:
Thank you for expressing interest in our Summer Specialty Sports and Skills Camp at the Laurier Brantford YMCA! We are so excited to be able to start a highly anticipated sports camp in Brantford and use our new facility to promote physical activity to youth in the community! I've attached the sign up link below as well as the information about the camp. Registration becomes live as of March 18th!
Registration link (You won't be able to log in, create an account or sign up until March 18th):
Themes & Weeks
(Please be advised, a week with * beside it means this is a shortened week due to a statutory holiday
• Week 1 (July 2-5)* – Cars & Planes
A collision of sports and transportation!
• Week 2 (July 8-12) – Game On
Games with the right people are always fun!
• Week 3 (July 15-19) – Everyday Hero’s
Not all hero's wear capes!
• Week 4 (July 22-26) – Fun & Fitness
Experience some of the Laurier Brantford YMCA's best group fitness classes and have some fun doing it!
• Week 5 (July 29-Aug 2) – Moovin’ & Groovin’
Move and groove to music!
• Week 6 (Aug 6-9)* – Under the Sea
Unleash your inner fish!
• Week 7 (Aug 12-16) – Golden Hawk Pride
Step into the life of a Laurier Golden Hawk!
• Week 8 (Aug 19-23) - Olympics
The Summer Olympics may not officially be till 2020 but who says we can't host it in 2019!
• Week 9 (Aug 26-30) - Safari
Animal lovers are most welcome!
A day in the life at our camp!
• Themed games - These will promote PLAY so that all children can participate and engage in physical activity!
• Camper's Choice - Counsellor's will go head to head to try and attract campers to participate in their activity. Potential Activities include themed arts and crafts, active gym games and smaller group studio games.
• Daily Swimming - We will swim every day from 2:00-3:00pm in our Leisure Pool and Main Pool! If you have any questions about pool protocol, you can contact us or the Aquatics Supervisor, Cori Charlton at email@example.com
• Sports - In accordance with the Long Term Athlete Development Model (LTADM), we want your child to be as active and healthy for life, not just during our camp! Your child will most likely be in one of the following stages of the LTADM: FUNdamentals or Learn to Train. Games will focus on providing fun, inclusive, multi-sport and developmentally appropriate sport and physical activity. With older campers, we will dive into more skill based sport games and activities. Our goal is to positively affect campers by developing a wide range of movement skills, while increasing their confidence and desire to participate. Sport may include, but are not limited to: Basketball, Hockey, Soccer, Football, Volleyball, Baseball, Dodgeball, Handball, Badminton, Table Tennis, Pickleball, Tennis, etc. We will play a variety of sports each week to insure children are playing some of their favourite sports and some sports they have never tried before!
• Special Guests/Events - We are excited to invite a variety of guest speakers to join camp over the summer!
If you have any questions about the new Laurier Brantford YMCA Summer Camp programs, please contact Nick McCready at firstname.lastname@example.org.