Intramurals General Information
Who can participate?
- All registered WLU students with valid student ID.
- Faculty, staff, alumni or non-registered students who have purchased an Athletics membership.
How often can I play?
- You can play on only 1 team per level per sport.
- Varsity athletes currently on rosters cannot play in their sport.
- Varsity Soccer players cannot participate in indoor soccer.
- Registration is available online during each semester through the Laurier Athletics website shop page.
- Online registration and full payment is the only way your team is guaranteed a spot as space is limited in all sports.
- Payment can be made online by credit card/debit or in person at the A.C. Hawk Desk by cash, credit card, debit or cheque.
- Each entry requires a captain's name, phone number, e-mail, student ID and team name. Plus the full name and student number of each of the players is necessary before the team can play.
- Each team must meet the minimum number of players as required by the specifics of the sport.
- Free Agents can apply online or in person using the same process as entering a team.
- The fee is $42.00 for all sports excluding ice hockey ($334).
- The fee includes your team registration and placement fee. The Intramural staff will attempt to place you on a team. If this is not possible your fee will be available for refund.
- Your team's entry fee helps offset some of the administrative costs of organizing and operating the league including equipment, facility rental (in some cases), RICs , officials, and promotional costs.
- Each team must pay a bond at the time of registration.
- The bond is set in 2 stages depending on the sport and level of competition.
- The levels are set at $20.00 and $50.00 ($200 in ice hockey).
- If your team is represented at the Captains meeting, plays in every competition and has no fair play infractions, the bond will be refunded in full to the Captain at the end of the season.
- Bonds can be picked up at the main office ONLY during exam period.
Team of the Week